Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Malcolm X

 The movie I was assigned is called “Malcolm X”. I thought “Malcolm X” was a great movie explaining the life of a well-known historical African-American, Malcolm Little. I thought the film was very inspirational, forcing me to want to educate myself more about this African-American. The movie was very entertaining from start to finish, explaining that different races can live together harmoniously. Denzel Washington could not have been a better choice to play the role of Malcolm Little. The movie started out showing the audience that Malcolm Little was a hustler who consumed drugs and did crime. His dad was an African-American but his mom was white which made him have a different perspective about life. He slicked his hair back, dressed in flashy bright colored clothes, and slept with white women. I thought the biggest turning point in the movie was when he was caught for stealing and put in prison. A man of Islam persuaded Malcolm to turn his life around and become a spokesman for the Nation of Islam. This is when the African-American Malcolm Little becomes Malcolm X. I also had some negative opinions about the movie. I don’t think the movie needed to be three plus hours long. It dragged some scenes out longer than they needed to be. I understand though that this film was made in 1992, so the technology was limited at the time.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really good summary of the movie. I think that I would really like to go see this movie after reading this post. I think that films, like Malcolm X, that show a part of United States history are very amusing and grasp my attention very well. It looks like you really enjoyed it, but maybe if you added a specific scene from the movie that you thought was a turning point or kind of the main part it would be a bit more like a screening report. Awesome post though.

    ReplyDelete